Friday, April 12, 2013

Finished paying my taxes yesterday and now focusing on the Wyakin Warrior Foundation and getting back in that grove. Today I attended a demonstration by one of our blind Warriors about a team he is setting up for competition in a "Goal Ball" league. I can't tell you how proud I am of Colby and his wife Kaylee. He came to us in very bad shape, depressed, overweight and sick to the point we had to put his education on hold until he got himself better and to a point he could go back into school. His mentors, family and our Academy team helped him get it back together. He's now getting great grades in school, running, mountain biking and playing Goal Ball. Today, I witnessed him confidently standing and speaking in front of a crowd of folks from the National Federation for the Blind describing his efforts of starting this Goal Ball team for the blind in the Treasure Valley to compete against other teams in the NW. I would have never thought he could have come so far from a year ago, congrats to Colby and his wonderful wife, Kaylee, for challenging life instead of being challenged by it.
http://chumly.com/n/1b781e9

No comments: