Sunday, May 13, 2012

My "Candidate Rebuttal" sent to the Idaho Statesman before noon last Friday and is still not on their website, so I thought I would post it here:

Candidate Rebuttal: Hagedorn, a Record of Service and Accomplishments:
As a member of the Idaho Legislature, I have a strong record of serving the people of western Ada County. I have a proven public record of accomplishing success by building relationships, identifying problems, and taking action. The people of my district have reaffirmed my leadership abilities by sending me to represent them at the Statehouse for three terms.

Each candidate brings unique skill sets to the table. The Idaho Statesman Editorial Board has placed a great deal of value on service, and I too value service. Daily I crisscross our county working with leaders in business, city and county government, and our area colleges and universities to bring people from all sides together to resolve the big issues and concerns facing Idahoans.

As a leader I have a record of results. Most recently, I worked closely with Governor Otter to reduce Idahoans’ income taxes for the first time in 12 years. We put $35.7 million of your tax dollars back into the economy by placing the spending authority of these monies where it belongs – directly in the hands of the Idahoans who earned it. My opponent opposed this action. These efforts, like those to eliminate personal property taxes or Use tax, do not happen overnight, they happen by joining stakeholders at the table and looking for viable solutions.

As a retired Naval"Mustang” Officer, I am the voice of veterans at the Idaho Legislature. I not only champion efforts for our State’s veterans at the statehouse but also as the co-founder and Vice President of the Wyakin Warrior Foundation (a mentorship and scholarship program for our nation’s wounded warriors at BSU and CWI), I work closely with these heroes’ successful transition from the"battlefield to business.”

As a legislator, I am committed to constituent service, my most lauded accomplishment by those that I serve. I was humbled this past year to assist an Idaho soldier in obtaining recognition of his bravery in battle. I coordinated an Idaho State recommendation to the White House for the Medal of Honor, which was overlooked by the military. The opportunity to serve constituents, such as this young man, is why we serve at the Statehouse.

My opponent has a record of service, but no record of accomplishments. I have both. I ask for your vote on Tuesday, May 15th.

Representative Marv Hagedorn
Candidate for Senate District 14
http://chumly.com/n/13450d3

No comments: