Thursday, June 21, 2007

Life Lesson #4,386,297... "Weldburn"

Welding... don't do it in shorts!

Nothing political here, just one more of those humorous "life lessons" we all learn through time about those little things that will come up and bite you.

Was out in my shop the other day working on beefing up the stand for my grinder and needed to weld an old tire rim I had to the base of the stand for more weight. I laid the grinder stand down on the floor, welded on the rim and was pleased with the results... until I got home that night.

I learned that the UV rays from welding gave me one heck of a sunburn on the inside of my legs while I was squatting down over the job! I guess I should be thankful my Carhartt shorts weren't that baggy!

... Time to use the results of Life Lesson #487 (falling asleep while inner-tubing down the St. Joe River as a kid): Aloe and aspirin...

H

No comments: